The authors, both from the Columbia Business School, have a strong thesis: that the best way, really the only effective way, to reduce poverty around the world is by fostering private business. They allow much room for charity, but they argue that charity should not be confused, as it frequently is, with economic development.
The Aid Trap: Hard Truths About Ending Poverty | Foreign Affairs
The foreign aid establishment, both bilateral and multilateral, too often makes this error and, by operating through government bureaucracies, impedes the growth of a robust business sector in country after country. So do the activities of now-fashionable nongovernmental organizations, which provide free goods and services that could be provided by local businesses.
- The Aid Trap: Hard Truths About Ending Poverty - R. Glenn Hubbard, William Duggan - كتب Google;
- The Aid Trap.
- Chairs & President | Committee on Capital Markets Regulation?
- The Aid Trap: Hard Truths About Ending Poverty by R. Glenn Hubbard;
- ✎ Books by R. Glenn Hubbard!
- The Stay-at-Home Martyr: A Survival Guide for Having a Life Outside Your Kids.
- Rich Forever!
In-depth analysis delivered weekly - Subscribe to our newsletter, featuring our editors' top picks from the past week. Sign in Subscribe. For example, when you search for a film, we use your search information and location to show the most relevant cinemas near you. We also use this information to show you ads for similar films you may like in the future.
Like Verizon Media, our partners may also show you ads that they think match your interests. Learn more about how Verizon Media collects and uses data and how our partners collect and use data. Select 'OK' to allow Verizon Media and our partners to use your data, or 'Manage options' to review our partners and your choices.
Tip: Sign In to save these choices and avoid repeating this across devices. You can always update your preferences in the Privacy Centre. Before you continue
- Die Wandlung (German Edition).
- Related searches;
- The Aid Trap | Columbia University Press;
- Missing at Eagle River?
- Ordinary Greatness: Its Where You Least Expect It ... Everywhere;